Saturday 7 July 2012

Saturday's Bounty


A simple Saturday lunch.  Market vegetables with Pesto alla Genovese


I love Saturdays, especially summer Saturdays.

Today I leapt out of bed with the birds and zipped off to BFF Sean's neighbourhood garage sale where I scored a great vintage plate and an unusual ceramic toast holder. I was quite proud of myself, exhibiting such restraint.  Serving pieces, especially vintage ones, are my kryptonite.

Two irresistible treasures from today's garage sale
The toast holder will début on my breakfast table tomorrow morning when I fill it with toast made from the divine bread from True Loaf Bakery served with soft boiled eggs from Bekings Poultry Farm

After the garage sale, I popped 'round to the Main Farmers' Market for some fresh seasonal goodies.  

Today there were creamy new potatoes, sweet fava beans, petit pois, sweet little carrots and some fine green beans on offer.  I prepared a Pesto alla Genovese to spoon on top of them all. 

Goldengredients gluten free treats
Also at the Main Farmers' Market, I discovered Goldengredients' delicious gluten-free baked goods and have become addicted to their moist, luscious, Amaretti. I originally bought some of their Amaretti for a friend who had recently adopted a gluten-free diet but we found them so irresistible that unfortunately, Hubby and I ate them all.  We find they're especially good washed down with strong Japanese Sencha or an espresso or two.  Sorry Fiona.  Perhaps next week...

Hubby and I enjoyed a simple lunch together on the terrace while we swatted away persistent flying pests who seemed to find our lunch as tasty as we did.

By all accounts, a Saturday well spent.

I can hardly wait for next Saturday!


How much for the cat?
Tempting...

$2 for the lot!

Pretty flowers in a garden at the garage sale


1 comment:

Heather Robinson said...

Oh my, that sounds like a nearly perfect Saturday by all accounts! I especially love the ceramic toast holder--that will make you happy every time you use it. :)